The men and women of Mobsteel / Detroit Steel Wheel Co, unveil “Hitter 5.0” to the public at the annual SEMA show in Las Vegas this week.
Built at Mobsteel, in the heart of the Motor City, Detroit, MI. This vehicle features a wealth of premium features, but under the hood is where the surprise is. Mobsteel’s 1968 Lincoln Continental, coined the “Hitter 5.0” features ROUSH’s 727HP Supercharged 5.0L Aluminator with 6-speed automatic transmission.
Mobsteel’s Hitter sits atop of their very own Detroit Steel Wheel Co, wheels in the custom cutout pattern of “Lincoln Park”, named after a Detroit suburb, once again paying homage to the automotive industry. The exterior continues to impress with the glass like appearance of the Axalta Cromax Super Jet black basecoat coupled with Axalta’s Premier clear coat and accent colors of burnt bronze can be found on the wheels, calipers, grill and custom badges.
Inside, exemplifies true luxury through the use of sound deadening Dyanmat, and a complete custom interior and upholstery from Detroit Interior Works. This showcases the many talents of the Mobsteel crew and what we can accomplish when we come together as a team, its truly a the sum of its parts.
- Base Vehicle: 1968 Lincoln Continental
- Engine: 5.0L Aluminator XS Crate Engine ROUSH Equipped
- 727HP ROUSH Supercharged 5.0
- 6R80 Automatic 6 Speed Transmission
- Custom Stainless Exhaust System – Saldana’s Speed Shop
- Aeromotive Fuel System
- Mobsteel 4-Link Suspension – Rear
- Ride Tech Tubular Control Arms – Front
- Ride Tech Shocks
- AccuAir – e-Level Air Management with Touchpad and Endo VT Tank
- BAER Brake Systems – 14” w/ Painted Calipers (Burnt Bronze)
Wheel & Tires:
- Detroit Steel Wheel Co. – Custom 20”x9” “Lincoln Park” Wheels in Burnt Bronze
- Continental ExtremeContact Sport Tires – 255/35 ZR 20XL
- Detroit Steel Wheel Co. – Custom 20×9” Lincoln Park Wheels in Burnt Bronze
- Axalta Cromax Super Jet Black base coat with Premier clear coat
- Extensive Body Modifications
- Raised Belt Line
- Handmade Bumper
- Custom Badging by Mobsteel
- Custom Leather Interior by Detroit Interior Works
- JL Audio Sound System
- Dakota Digital Instrument Cluster
- Dynamat Sound Deadening Mat